Elemen prides itself with their brand motto ” Love Self, Love Earth” , focusing on serving quality natural food without compromising on the quality displayed, and sustainability of the environment. We are very glad to enjoy the CNY Menu carefully planned and curated by the Chef and his team at Elemen. Dishes tasted today were the 8-course CNY menu @ Elemen, and Prosperity Truffle Yu Sheng @ $38.80++ (3-4 pax) and $48.80++ (6-8) pax (not part of the 8 course CNY Menu).
Elemen has outlets at Millenia walk, Thomson plaza and Harbourfront Centre. You’d be surprised to know that most of the diners here are actually non-vegetarians. Focusing on premium plant-based and natural ingredients, Elemen strongly adheres to not using mock meat in their menu.
Tossing the Yu Sheng to usher in the New Year is a must-do for all of us here! Before commencing the 8 course menu, we lifted our chopsticks for the Prosperity Truffle Yu Sheng. Truffle taste was adequate and provided a unique twist to the usual flavours in Yu Sheng.
1.Sour Plum Cherry Tomatoes – A tad too sour for my liking, as I am not a fan of sour food, but definitely will whet your appetite as a starter.
2. Double-boiled Truffle Soup – Truffle taste was strong enough and tasted very much like home-cooked boiled chicken soup.
3. Homemade Soft Edamame Tofu with Pan-fried Oyster Mushrooms – Brilliantly paired together, with textures in the Tofu due to the clever mix, and the mushrooms were done to perfection.
4. Yam Ring with assorted Vegetables – Not too dry and was very flavourful. Interestingly mixed with charcoal, giving its black appearance. Unique presentation.
5. Apple Cider – this small glass shot really packs a punch. Do not underestimate the quantity served, as a sip will really jolt you awake! Intense strong and bold flavours here. ( Apologies for missing out the pic for this ;( It came in a shot glass you could catch a glimpse of it behind the next picture)
6. Lotus Rice with Porcini Mushrooms – Mushrooms was fragrant with some chestnuts and Yam inside, not too overpowering and very aromatic.
7. Golden Nian Gao with Coconut Icecream – this is heavenly. Really leaving the best for the last, this is yet another wonderful creation by the Chefs. I Applaud this dessert as it gave the hot-and-cold sensation when eaten together. The Nian Gao is not too sweet and the coconut icecream is light and went well with the sticky Nian Gao. This is an item I would definitely order if it is included in the main menu.
8. Iced Osmanthus Red Tea – Nice finishing touch to the meal as this was not too sweet and did not taste like a syrup induced drink. Osmanthus was aromatic and ended the 8 course meal on a nice noteThis CNY set is only valid for dine-in from 8th Jan-19th Feb 2019 at $42.80++/pax.
Note, this set does not include the Prosperity Truffle Yu Sheng.
#01-75A/76 Millenia Walk
#01-113 Thomson Plaza, Singapore 574408